Friday, November 12, 2010

Thoughts Go Bump in the night








I made myself a delicious scallop dish last evening for my dinner. While the scallops were thawing in a bowl of water, I sliced a small tomato, two pats of butter, lemon juice, basil and got out the angel hair pasta. After drying out the scallops, I placed them in my skillet covered with foil, added the ingredients and put it into a 350 degree oven,for fifteen minutes. The spaghetti was cooking and soon I had a delectable meal . . . oh, I almost forgot the best of it, a tablespoon of white wine.....I had some left over from the last time Pat and I shared a glass so naturally I had to have a taste as well. Now I am not one to imbibe much and when I felt sleepy at nine thirty I decided to turn off the television and go read awhile. I didn't last long and next thing I knew it was one a.m.; then two a.m. and the mind was churning away. I was thinking about looking at the computer screen where I have a wonderful picture of the ocean with massive clouds hanging over it and just a shaft of sunlight to highlight the froth of the waves. My imagination was working very well as I thought about writing a story for children with a dialogue between the clouds and the sea. I had such fun with it as the dark cloud tried to overshadow the ocean and the ocean roared back with its powerful waves in strong debate. It was fun for awhile but then I got to thinking it might be too scary for little ones so I gave up my musing and finally fell sound asleep.
As I am thinking this over this morning and wondering what to write about, I decided to put on a few political cartoons about the ladies who have their hats in the ring. It is going to be interesting to watch them play out their formats and ideas on how to beat the good old boys in their own game. I got to thinking it was just like my musings about the clouds and the ocean, both powerful and unforgiving . . . which one would win? Hopefully neither as we need a mixture of calm and level heads with common sense, more like the ocean on a summer day as the sky fills with puffy white clouds and all is right in our world.
So today, can you believe you only have one more working day this week . . . what are you going to do with your weekend? I have high hopes you will enjoy it to the fullest, maybe go for a walk along a beach and see what kind of clouds are hovering above. Let your imagination soar, and laugh out loud as you find pictures in the clouds to amuse you. Go . . . have fun. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment