Thursday, November 4, 2010

Craftsmanship













The Morgan Motor Company in Britain is a family business in the making of cars by hand. When I saw those words I thought it was toys, but it is not, real true cars that sell anywhere from forty thousand dollars to three hundred thousand dollars. Folks wait for over a year to own one. The e-mail attachment had many more pictures showing the hand made shell made out of metal but it was the pictures of the woods of different shapes and sizes that caught my eye. All that came to mind was that puzzle I have been trying to finish up these past few weeks and getting no where. I guess it is having a good eye and patience pays off in the long run . . . we will soon see. Meanwhile the craftsmen are to be commended as the third generation of Henry Frederick Stanley Morgan make six hundred of these cars every year. What one do you have in mind for you?
******
Meanwhile, I am waking up and it is already six thirty in the morning, almost noon for me....only one wake up at four then went back to sleep dreaming dreams I do not remember. I didn't wake up crying so they must have been good ones. I have to go on a large envelope hunt today as my new book is out . . . "Short Stories" and there are four to read and enjoy. Joanne is a marvel as she made the cover look like leather with gold lettering, pretty simple and an eye catcher. I had thought we had agreed on the four primary colors to separate the stories but then Joanne is the in-home publisher, and the only one in town, so I never argue with city hall . . .well now and then I put up a little effort but I never win. I'm teasing as she does a really good job of putting the books together and as a former teacher she edits my work but only uses one eye as I find no matter how many times I go over the writing, there is always a typo that gets away from both of us. My family and friends don't mind for which I am thankful.
So today, Thursday, creeping slowly and surely into a day of wonder . . . wonder what I want to do; wonder if I should finish what I started yesterday; wonder if I'll exercise; wonder if I should indulge to bulge . . . that's it, time for the coffee pot and breakfast. Wish you were here to join me. Indulge yourself today in a good way. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment