Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Meet some cousins



















The family members I haven't had the pleasure to meet in person but I feel I know as our Sullivan cousin Pauline keeps us up on daughter Karen and her husband Georges who live in France. Georges is an artist and Karen is a teacher but from the pictures she sends I'd say she would make a fine photographer. They have three sons, Ted the youngest is in college; Alex is married to Coco and has a new daughter Alice which you have met on my blog. Her latest accomplishment is to walk and now the fun begins. Patrick and Fanny live in Barcelona and these pictures tell the story of a family visit to Cap de Creur and introduced me to a part of the world I will never see. From what Karen wrote to her mother the scenery was fantastic. They had a long hike from Cadaques to Cap de Creur , names I have never heard of and the picture tells it all. They stopped to visit Dali's home and I found out from the pictures that he was an egg lover. I think the picture of Patrick and Fanny in the egg is priceless. Our world is so full of interesting places to go and so much to learn about. How lucky I am that Pauline loves me enough to share her family with me.
So today, think about family. You may find that you have some very loving second or third generation cousins you have yet to meet . . . you know the ones you have heard about but never took the time to get to know and visa versa. How much we miss when we do not reach out. It is such a warm and wonderful feeling to 'belong' and realize that distance is nothing when one takes the time to share their lives in pictures and words. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment