Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pride
































The e-mail attachment about the man and flowers came in some months back and I may have already done a blog hoping to share the gardens with such an amazing array of flowers and plants. I think it is worth a second go-round and hope you agree.
A couple passed by this house every day and finally stopped and asked the gentleman who lived there if they could see more of his yard as he has every inch covered with flowers of every size and shape. The dahlias alone are plate size. If I remember correctly he gave them a tour of his property and made mention that "doing what you love to do so you don't age much" and he is proof as he is ninety-one years old. I wish he lived next door to me so he could extend his gardens right over on my property. I'd let him grow any flowers he wanted to and even help him weed.


It is Saturday morning and I am off to the Star of the Sea annual fall inside yard sale. The huge room is filled with 'stuff' and the crowds come hoping to find a treasure or two. While there I'll pop into the church and light a candle for all of us.



So today, know I'm thinking of you and wishing you a weekend of good health, a little fun after the chores are done and hopefully a surprise drop in with a big hug just for you. What, you are sleeping in and don't bother you . . . well, I can do that. Catch you later. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment