Thursday, November 11, 2010

Armistice Day

I have one eye open and the coffee is brewing. I am looking forward to some breakfast as I am hungry this morning. I am hungry every morning! Hopefully today is going to have more sunshine than rain as I would like to take a walk around the block and see what Fred Meyers has to offer as I am sure all of the Christmas 'stuff' is out, although I am looking for a couple of special birthday cards.

I'm thinking exercise and here it the perfect answer.
AND today is . . . November 11, 2010 Signing of World War I Armistice, 1918. Ninety two years ago; a long time backwards yet we owe it to our veterans to never, ever, forget the sacrifices made in the name of freedom. Hang your flag proudly today. I lost my small one and have not replaced it, but not to worry, our local newspaper sends us a paper flag every holiday and it is easy to paste up by the front door. We have had many wars since the Armistice was signed and the new terrorist fighting is ongoing and more horrific than ever, a never ending way in life and it seems we will never know the real reasons behind them all . . . envy? jealousy? hate? political posturing? I cannot come up with an answer to why 'the grass is always greener on the other side' , or why "I" have the right to "your" domain, all I know is that with each war we lose the best of our next generation.
So today, light a candle, say a prayer and remember the family members and friends you have lost over the endless wars. If there is a parade, go, put your hand over your heart, stand up and salute as the flag goes by and those old time veterans march proudly. Attend one of the small ceremonies the veterans will put on in your town today. They never forget their buddies and neither should we. It is 'buddies day' so buy a poppy or two and help the veterans continue in their help of those veterans in the veteran homes across our land. Be proud to be a thankful American. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment